Sunday, January 27, 2013

Daily Reflection


JANUARY 27
FREEDOM FROM GUILT
Where other people were concerned, we had to drop the
word "blame" from our speech and thought.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 47
When I become willing to accept my own powerlessness, I
begin to realize that blaming myself for all the trouble in
my life can be an ego trip back into hopelessness. Asking
for help and listening deeply to the messages inherent in
the Steps and Traditions of the program make it possible to
change those attitudes which delay my recovery. Before
joining A.A., I had such a desire for approval from people
in powerful positions that I was willing to sacrifice myself,
and others, to gain a foothold in the world. I invariably
came to grief. In the program I find true friends who love,
understand, and care to help me learn the truth about
myself. With the help of the Twelve Steps, I am able to
build a better life, free of guilt and the need for selfjustification

No comments:

Post a Comment