Monday, January 14, 2013

Daily Reflection


JANUARY 14
NO REGRETS
We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 83
Once I became sober, I began to see how wasteful my life
had been and I experienced overwhelming guilt and
feelings of regret. The program's Fourth and Fifth Steps
assisted me enormously in healing those troubling regrets. I
learned that my self-centeredness and dishonesty stemmed
largely from my drinking and that I drank because I was an
alcoholic. Now I see how even my most distasteful past
experiences can turn to gold because, as a sober alcoholic, I
can share them to help my fellow alcoholics, particularly
newcomers. Sober for several years in A.A., I no longer
regret the past; I am simply grateful to be conscious of
God's love and of the help I can give to others in the
Fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment