Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Daily Reflection

DECEMBER 10
CARRYING THE MESSAGE
Now, what about the rest of the Twelfth Step? The
wonderful energy it releases and the eager action by which
it carries our message to the next suffering alcoholic and
which finally translates the Twelve Steps into action upon
all our affairs is the payoff, the magnificent reality, of
Alcoholics Anonymous.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 109
To renounce the alcoholic world is not to abandon it, but to
act upon principles I have come to love and cherish, and to
restore in others who still suffer the serenity I have come to
know. When I am truly committed to this purpose, it
matters little what clothes I wear or how I make a living.
My task is to carry the message, and to lead by example,
not design.

No comments:

Post a Comment