Saturday, December 14, 2013

Daily Reflection

DECEMBER 14
REACHING OUT
Never talk down to an alcoholic from any moral or
spiritual hilltop; simply lay out the kit of spiritual looks for
his inspection. Show him how they worked with you.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 95
When I come into contact with a newcomer, do I have a
tendency to look at him from my perceived ingle of
success in A.A.? Do I compare him with the large number
of acquaintances I have made in the Fellowship? Do I
point out to him in a magisterial way the voice of A.A.?
What is my real attitude toward him? I must examine
myself whenever I meet a newcomer to make sure that I
am carrying the message with simplicity, humility and
generosity. The one who still suffers from the terrible disease
of alcoholism must find in me a friend who will allow
him to get to know the A.A. way, because I had such a
friend when I arrived in A.A. Today it is my turn to hold
out my hand, with love, to my sister or brother alcoholic,
and to show her or him the way to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment