Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Daily Reflection

DECEMBER 11
"A GENUINE HUMILITY"
. . . we are actually to practice a genuine humility. This is
to the end that our great blessings may never spoil us; that
we shall forever live in thankful contemplation of Him who
presides over us all.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 192
Experience has taught me that my alcoholic personality
tends to be grandiose. While having seemingly good
intentions, I can go off on tangents in pursuit of my
"causes." My ego takes over and I lose sight of my primary
purpose. I may even take credit for God's handiwork in my
life. Such an overstated feeling of my own importance is
dangerous to my sobriety and could cause great harm to
A.A. as a whole.
My safeguard, the Twelfth Tradition, serves to keep me
humble. I realize, both as an individual and as a member of
the Fellowship, that I cannot boast of my accomplishments,
and that "God is doing for us what we could not do for
ourselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment