Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Daily Reflection

JULY 2
THE HEART OF TRUE SOBRIETY
We find that no one need have difficulty with the spirituality
of the program. Willingness, honesty and open-mindedness
are the essentials of recovery. But these are indispensable.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 570
Am I honest enough to accept myself as I am and let this
be the "me" that I let others see? Do I have the willingness
to go to any length, to do whatever is necessary to stay
sober? Do I have the open-mindedness to hear what I have
to hear, to think what I have to think, and to feel what I
have to feel?
If my answer to these questions is "Yes," I know enough
about the spirituality of the program to stay sober. As I
continue to work the Twelve Steps, I move on to the heart
of true sobriety: serenity with myself, with others, and with
God as I understand Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment