Thursday, July 4, 2013

Daily Reflection

JULY 4
A NATURAL FAITH
. . . deep down in every man, woman and child, is the
fundamental idea of God. It may be obscured by calamity,
by pomp, by worship of other things, but in some form or
other it is there. For faith in a Power greater than
ourselves, and miraculous demonstrations of that power in
human lives, are facts as old as man himself.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 55
I have seen the workings of the unseen God in A.A. rooms
around the country. Miracles of recovery are everywhere in
evidence. I now believe that God is in these rooms and in
my heart. Today faith is as natural to me, a former
agnostic, as breathing, eating and sleeping. The Twelve
Steps have helped to change my life in many ways, but
none is more effective than the acquisition of a Higher
Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment