Saturday, July 27, 2013

Daily Reflection

JULY 27
GIVING FREELY
We will make every personal sacrifice necessary to
insure the unity of Alcoholics Anonymous. We will
do this because we have learned to love God and one
another.
A.A. COMES OF AGE, p. 234
To be self-supporting through my own contributions was
never a strong characteristic during my days as a practicing
alcoholic. The giving of time or money always demanded a
price tag.
As a newcomer I was told "we have to give it away in
order to keep it." As I began to adopt the principles of
Alcoholics Anonymous in my life, I soon found it was a
privilege to give to the Fellowship as an expression of the
gratitude I felt in my heart. My love of God and of others
became the motivating factor in my life, with no thought of
return. I realize now that giving freely is God's way of
expressing Himself through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment