Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Daily Reflection

JULY 31
A PRAYER FOR ALL SEASONS
God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot
change, Courage to change the things we can. And wisdom
to know the difference.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 125
The power of this prayer is overwhelming in that its simple
beauty parallels the A.A. Fellowship. There are times when
I get stuck while reciting it, but if I examine the section
which is troubling me, I find the answer to my problem.
The first time this happened I was scared, but now I use it
as a valuable tool. By accepting life as it is, I gain serenity.
By taking action, I gain courage and I thank God for the
ability to distinguish between those situations I can work
on, and those I must turn over. All that I have now is a gift
from God: my life, my usefulness, my contentment, and
this program. The serenity enables me to continue walking
forward. Alcoholics Anonymous is the easier, softer way.

No comments:

Post a Comment