Friday, July 5, 2013

Daily Reflection

JULY 5
A NEW DIRECTION
Our human resources, as marshaled by the will, were not
sufficient; they failed utterly. . . . Every day is a day when
we must carry the vision of God's will into all our activities.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, pp. 45, 85
I hear talk of the "weak-willed" alcoholic, but I am one of
the strongest-willed people on earth! I now know that my
incredible strength of will is not enough to save my life.
My problem is not one of "weakness," but rather of
direction. When I, without falsely diminishing myself,
accept my honest limitations and turn to God's guidance,
my worst faults become my greatest assets. My strong will,
rightly directed, keeps me working until the promises of the
program become my daily reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment