Saturday, July 6, 2013

Daily Reflection

JULY 6
IDENTIFYING FEAR . . .
The chief activator of our defects has been self-centered
fear. . . .
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 76
When I feel uncomfortable, irritated, or depressed, I look
for fear. This "evil and corroding thread" is the root of my
distress: Fear of failure; fear of others' opinions; fear of
harm, and many other fears. I have found a Higher Power
who does not want me to live in fear and, as a result, the
experience of A.A. in my life is freedom and joy. I am no
longer willing to live with the multitude of character defects
that characterized my life while I was drinking. Step
Seven is my vehicle to freedom from these defects. I pray
for help in identifying the fear underneath the defect, and
then I ask God to relieve me of that fear. This method
works for me without fail and is one of the great miracles
of my life in Alcoholics Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment